I just don't know how to deal with him

My husband and I are both gamers. We play COD: Black Ops a lot, and I like to play together. Well, whenever I play with him and he starts "dying" or losing he starts screaming and yelling and he blames it on me. Because when 2 people play, it is split screen. He throws the controller at the tv screen and screams and curses. So, I said something to him and he started yelling at me. I was like your trying to break stuff we can't afford to replace. He said its his stuff and he'll do what he wants. I replied it is not just his stuff, its both of ours. He had the audacity to look at me and say I bought it, Its mine. I started to cry because I am tired of him acting this way. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• It sounds like he is a sore loser. Remind him that it's just a game and you play just for fun. It sounds like he is taking it too seriously.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have told him that! he doesn't listen :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• stop playing with him . No body likes a whinney kid.... find something else to do when he stars being ugly and wait for him to come to you to apologize. then tell him its not ok and he needs to grow up, then hand him a blanket and pillow for the couch!!!! OR WAIT... u might want the couch if "he bought it". gosh i hate that.lol
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• He threw a huge fit and went to bed. I just hate how he takes the fun out of the game. Like, I really suck at the game but it is just fun ya know... For him he has to be the best. if he isnt there is a reason and most of the time its "when he plays split screen with you" and i quote. Jerk :|
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i'd stop playing with him... i play COD with my BF and if he ever acted like that, i wouldnt play.. i'd play after he got off, or even before he got on.

you should add me! =) Shy Gemini 05 (zero-five)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• never knew zombies could make a man throw a fit...that game IS frustrating, i can partially understand. tell him to put himself in your shoes, tell him to watch his behavior from your point of view!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think I would stop playing with him. He sounds immature and a sore loser. Maybe playing with someone in your level and having fun, might give him something to think about. Observing how to play nicely might also help!
    Nomes808

Answer by Nomes808 at 5:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Just tell him you won't be playing anymore, that it isn't worth the fighting over. obviously he is a sore loser. just let him have that i guess. its sad a grown man acting like that. start playing either when he isn't there or not at all and find something else to entertain yourself.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011