What does giving birth feel like?

i am just curious how giving birth feels like? i asked people i know but they dont really say much just that it is a different pain and that it is a pain you dont remember after having the kid. so it doesnt help me. i am 5 months pregnant and im alittle scared of the pain of birth.

keiths_girl22

Asked by keiths_girl22 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, the contractions feel like really bad menstrual cramps or the ones you get if you really have to poop bad. Then the pushing the baby out part doesnt hurt so much as it really really burns. But, they are right about after the baby arriving and not remembering the pain. Its not so much that you forget it.....it just doesnt seem quiet so important lol.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Severe period cramps and I mean severe! My contractions always started in my back and moved across to my lower abdomen. I'm not going to lie, it hurts A LOT! When pushing you will feel some relief, but pain or at least I did. When baby is crowning you will feel a burning sensation or like I said before that's what I felt. I have 2 kids. Labor pain for me was the same with both. My second was more painful due to how fast she was coming. Cont.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• BUT when it is all over with the pain is suddenly gone. And it is true, you tend to forget about how awful the pain was. I went natural both times, but both of my labors were quick. 4 and a half hours with me first, 5 minutes active labor with my second.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Maybe we should add that everyone is different and handles pain differently. So, it may hurt more or less for you than for someone else. I just thought of that. Oh, and c-sections are not that bad, I've had 4 and 1 vaginal. I know they seem and sound scary but they are not that horrible. just in case you have to have one for whatever reason.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I guess it's a little different to everyone. My son was born at 33 weeks and very quickly so I didn't have any pain medication. It is hard to describe. Maybe the worst cramps ever, so bad you can't talk. The pain and tearing were my biggest fear throughout pregnancy. Once I was in labor I wasn't scared anymore, I just wanted him out! Even though it was very painful and I didn't get the epidural I wanted, I still look back on it as a positive experience.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 12:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• so it hurts but not too bad but depending on the person is. well i hope i dont have major pain. lol im kind of a wimp to some pain. is the pain like some one hit you or is it more of pain like muscle pain?
    keiths_girl22

Comment by keiths_girl22 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You think you won't be able to handle the pain- but you will be able to:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• well i am hoping mine is quick so i dont feel so much pain lol. does lamosse classes really help?
    keiths_girl22

Comment by keiths_girl22 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011