looks like my son has a tear in his hinnie...i dont think he is straining that much but Im told he is...is there any way to help this without giving him dirarea?

It doesn't bleed, (it has before) its been there for over a month. It is an obvious tear...his poops aren't horribly hard but his anus looks like little tears. the doctor said he will heal in time...no big deal but it bothers me.

CGMom1107

Asked by CGMom1107 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure he's getting plenty of fluids, especially apple juice. You could use Tucks pads to help sooth the tears or use diaper rash cream (if he's still in diapers) to help protect the area from germs and stuff.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• JUST A LITTLE BIT OF PRUNES CAN HELP. ALSO ALOT OF LIQUIDS. AND AT EVERY MEAL GIVE HIM SOME FORM OF FRUIT.THATS NORMALLY WHAT HELPS MY SON.
    Anonymous

• Thanks...I will give him more fluids...he does get alot though. I even told the daycare to be very genital wiping his tush and to put cream on. Hope it gets better soon. thanks
    CGMom1107

Answer by CGMom1107 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2008