What does giving birth feel like? adult content

i am just curious how giving birth feels like? i asked people i know but they dont really say much just that it is a different pain and that it is a pain you dont remember after having the kid. so it doesnt help me. i am 5 months pregnant and im alittle scared of the pain of birth.

keiths_girl22

Asked by keiths_girl22 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Intense burning followed by immediate relief. Labor is a different story and I think different for everyone. All of the women I've known who have delivered vaginally describe the same burning as I experienced with both my childrens deliveries.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm the biggest pain chicken ever, and my husband hyped me up sooo much that it was going to be the worst thing ever. I went to the hospital for a check up and found out that I had preeclampsia (i had just switched doctors in the beg. of my 7th month because I had a feeling of what was happening and my first doc basically told me I didn't know what I was talking about) they told me they had to induce me that day because of how high my blood pressure was. They decided to wait to induce me because my body was naturally having contractions, but I had no idea! I couldn't even feel lit. When my contractions started getting closer together I got really hot and just really uncomfortable, like it starts to feel like your laying on thin board while it's raining and someones giving you chicken pecks all at the same time uncomfortable. haha If that makes any sense. Not painful, just annoying. I told them I did not want pitocin or pain

Humanerror99

Answer by Humanerror99 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The pain for me came after that! The episi was the worst thing ever, it took me 3 months to heal and I couldn't sit right the whole time. It took alot of pain meds to get through that and passing a bowel was worse than giving birth. THAT made me cry, so when they give you laxitives to soften your stools, DO IT. I really can't remember the pain because you really do forget it. I just know what I slightly remember and what I wrote in the baby book. I also gave birth to a 5 lb baby so that could have been part of it. Every woman is different, what may have not been painful for one could be for another. Just know though that pitocin is not needed and that it makes your contractions worse...it's really just convient for the doctors, they treat it as a business, they want you in and out. They weren't too happy that I took 25 hours and I think that's totally natural!
    Humanerror99

• Sorry, my answer got messed up in the middle, basically I didn't want any pain meds and they didn't give them to me but they kinda forced pitocin on me since I was taking so long dialating. the pain happened almost immedietly after they gave me the pitocin
    Humanerror99

Answer by Humanerror99 at 1:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Ive had 3 getting ready for #4, #1 I didn't feel much, they had me so drugged I couldn't even push so they used the vaccuum thing...it was an induction with pitocin and an epidural and even though she was small it was nothing I would ever want to do again. #2 wasn't too bad I had pitocin and an epidural that was probably about perfect since the only thing I could feel was the pressure so I could push...#3 was a home birth all natural, I had done a lot of research on birth and decided for me this was what I had always wanted in a birth setting...the contractions really weren't that bad, I would compare them to period cramps and was pleasantly surprised that walking around and being upright really made a HUGE difference. Then my water broke the baby moved down and it was so awesome to feel him right there ready to come out..just feels like pressure..when they do crown and come throught there is burning for a bit but its not bad
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 1:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• had a c-section an ooooohhhhh man it was painful...but wouldnt change a thing i went through longg labor and c-section failure to progress....but all that mattered was that i had my bundle of joy
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 5:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Id describe it as the feeling of someone trying to shove a bowling ball up your but. A pounding migraine when you push and indescribable joy when it's over and you see your baby the first time.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• if you get the drugs you will not feel a thing. The Nurses told me they hate it when the women chose to not get them b/c they scream and yell and act crazy and the nurses also said they they have refused to help the women like that. And besides why put your self thro that kind of pain, if you dont have to. Also w/ every contraction I had I had to pee like crazy! Dont worry about giving birth you are going to be okay and everything will be fine.
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 9:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I went without drugs, and it wasn't the pain that was the problem for me, it was the out-of-control feeling. Because your body is going to do some pretty amazing things, things it has never done before in your experience. I can tell you that I don't remember the pain at all, the mind is nice like that.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've had 2 and im pregnant with my 3rd. My experiences with my two were totally different from each other b/c 1 I went in labor on my own and the other I was induced. The best way I would describe it is that it feels like you have got to take the biggest poop EVER! I agree with the women when they describe the burning feeling b/c it feels like your "vagina bone" is on fire! Also, it was the contractions that hurt me more than the actually pushing the baby out. It was like ALL the muscles in my stomach got a charlie horse at the same time. But as they said, you really do stop hurting almost immediately! Its amazing! I wish you the best of luck!!! (By the way, if I can birth 2 9lb children then you can do ANYTHING!) Good luck!!!
    familynsni

Answer by familynsni at 10:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011