My 17 month old shocked herself in an electrical outlet???

She unplugged my SO's phone charger and stuck it back in and FREAKED out screaming and crying, so I am only guessing she shocked herself! Do I need to do anything?? I about had a heart attack. I nursed her for comfort and she fell asleep at 6pm, its 9pm and she's still asleep, I hope that's okay.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I keep waiting for her to wake up and keep me up half the night, but she's snoozing
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• she should be fine...I've shocked myself before. It won't do any damage and it probably just scared her more than anything. Poor little thing. You did everything you needed to.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• She should be fine. Regular electrical outlets do not pack enough punch to really hurt you. Just give you a zap. If it would help you feel better call your ped afterhours number. but i wouldnt worry.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 12:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My LO did that not too long ago. She figured out how to take a safety covers out and was trying to put it back in and shocked herself. It sounds like you did a great job. She wasn't blue around her mouth or showing any abnormal signs right? I would say she is going to be ok.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No her mouth wasn't blue, her hands were a little red. I gave up on the safety protectors as she loves to take them out
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011