Do you think being a SAHM is hard?

jonellg

Asked by jonellg at 12:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I couldn't do it.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• its always what you make it...
    mollysmom212

Answer by mollysmom212 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes. so hard. I'm out of the house for about four hours in the morning while I'm at school. My parents watch my boys. I get home at noon and somedays I just think, how do people who stay home ALL DAY, EVERYDAY stay sane!? they must have more patience than i do.

ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• At times yes. Would it be hard to have 3 full time jobs with no breaks whatsoever? Well that's what i have & let me tell you it gets pretty crazy. Some days i would just like to think by myself let alone pee by myself.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I was a SAHM for years and it's harder than working. You're on call 24-7, play dates, school, cooking, cleaning, the list goes on. I'm working now, my sons are adults, and I love it, not saying I didn't love being a SAHM, I did but now I have a social life and time for friends.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes i was a sahm for about 8 months w/a 3yrold and a 1 at the time, i loved my babies but at times when hubby would get home from work i would go sit in the car and listen to the radio sometimes w/abeer ,lol. Its a tuff job!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've never been a sahm except for the 4 months I stayed home with my son after he was born. Some days I wish I had more time with my boy. Some days I'm relieved to go to work.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 1:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It's not hard for me. It is what you make it.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It me it is generally easy but there are hard days. But it is very rewarding.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have been a SAHM since 1985 and I raised 4 sons to adulthood. Honestly, it wasn't hard, it wasn't easy, it was just life. I stayed busy with my children and now that they are all grown I am a SAHW and I love it. I don't get bored, I stay busy during the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2011