Hotels/bedbugs

is there somebody certified who checks on that?is there an online side to find out about a hotel?reason i am asking is we found a great resort hotel for our summer vaccation and there is one incident listed but it seems like just one person so for all i know it might not be true....no not freaking out at the same time i would like to know...

mollysmom212

Asked by mollysmom212 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Travel

• My husband is the maintenance manager at a nice Best Western here in Denver. They have had on 2 seperate occasions a bed bug infested rooms. Ewe! It is one of my biggest fears. Be careful.

ladybug

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• the statement said that a person found one(!) bedbug on a chair at the starbucks at that resort..just sounded strange....if i would book now based on no incidents that i know of it could still change until we actually go in the summer ... i would think that would be a legit reason that you could cancel your reservation without extra charge...
    mollysmom212

Comment by mollysmom212 (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Go to http://www.bedbugcentral.com/ , you may find some useful information there. Good luck.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 2:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Where did you look and get the Starbucks thing? I tend to read reviews on tripadvisor.com for decent reviews.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well if the hotel already had an issue with it they probably took care of it. But that does not mean you are in the clear. GL!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• thank you!
    mollysmom212

Comment by mollysmom212 (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• my Mom (who doesn't travel, ever) is completely and utterly obsessed with bed bugs. We travel a bit and goto a lot of hotels.... she always begs and pleads with us that after we wake up in the hotel bed in the morning to go jump straight into the pool and not shower so hopefully the chlorine will kill whatever is on you. She also always tries to get us to keep our luggage in the car but that's a huge pain
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• @hibbingmom iam not obsessed at the same time i would want to know..luggage for four people in the car?uhm...lol! thanks anyway..;0)
    mollysmom212

Comment by mollysmom212 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Eww, I get freaked out by the word "bedbugs"! Once had to stay at a crappy hotel that my FIL booked and I checked the whole room for bugs and it just looked grimy but no bugs. I slept with one eye open. Good luck! Have fun
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:04 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nice hotels can have them too! There are pics online of what to look for. Memorize them.
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 5:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2011