If the lawyer charged me 400 dollars to make some paperwork for a property and then just cause I finished paying i in less than a year she wants to charge me another 250.oo is that right?

If the lawyer charged me 400 dollars to make some paperwork for a property and then just cause I finished paying it in less than a year she wants to charge me another 250.oo is that right? or is she trying to scam me? she took a whole month to give me paperwork but yet she doesnt want to give me a discount, then when I see the paperwork i noticed she made some mistakes and I told her about it and she asked me to return the papers to her so she can fix her errors and now I got to wait some more. It was only two pages and she took forever! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• can u get a second opinion?it doesn`t sound right...do you have a written agreement that states her services and the charges for it?
    mollysmom212

Answer by mollysmom212 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• is there a written agreement or interest included with your fees? like other person said, get a second opinion or call the bar association.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Is she charging you per hour? I know the couple of times I used a lawyer, I was required to pay a retaining fee and when that money was "used" up, I had to pay more.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Lawyer fees around here are by the hour,175.00 for some.Each page of work they do is a charge too.If you took longer to pay than first agreed,yep you will pay more.They add intrest and other charges too.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i didnt take long to pay infact i paid nefore the paperwork was even made! and it was only two pages which she didnt even give me the pages till a month later the to top it off she made a big mistake! and I had to waste more gas in taking it back to her so she can fix it and now i gotta wait another month since she takes her sweet ass time!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011