Why do CM bash on others CM?

we are here to support one another not to bash each other as moms

anayasmommy21

Asked by anayasmommy21 at 2:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Well, it's "supposed" to be that way. But add in the internet protection so no one knows who you "really" are, and the trolls, and you'll come up with a nice little concoction for a true taste of how caddy some women can be.

I tend to not get too irritated or upset at some Moms. They truly don't know. However, I have never been good at sugar coating anything, and I especially don't try to online. If you don't like what I say, don't read it. It's very hard, if not impossible, to pick up on tones when you're reading something online, so many things can become twisted out of context very easily. Therefore, I take everything I see with a grain of salt. Read it, respond, move on. I take the good advice in, and let the rest pass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• that is a good REPLY i agree but sometimes people can be really childish..about how they handle things...we are grown women
    anayasmommy21

Comment by anayasmommy21 (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I do not bash. If I feel angry or defensive about something I just do not answer. Getting mad or mean is not going to get any one any where.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Unfortunately, I think there's a certain amount of anonymity, even with a screen name, and people feel free to be nasty in ways they wouldn't normally be. I try to stay away from those myself! Not worth sinking my energy into the negativity.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• People bash people on any site..there is a computer protecting them, so they act that way because they can.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• People can be cruel
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 5:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yess they can and the good thing is im the type of female that can ignore it and thats something that can really irratate someone by ignoring them..=)
    anayasmommy21

Comment by anayasmommy21 (original poster) at 5:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• sometimes some moms do intentionally say rude things to other moms BUT other times things do get taken wayyy out of context- i see it all the time. some moms ask a question and when they get an honest answer, they get bent out of shape- and the person who responded was not trying to be rude, they were just answering the damn question. i have seen moms who get mad at others because they have opposing point of views really?? that is the whole point of the debate. anywhooo- i still like cm because the mom who was rude at one point WILL be the same mom who will give me great advice or support if i am going through something.... and i think we should look at it from that angle. maybe we won't take things so personally.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• There are some moms who don't see themselves as being rude. They see themselves as "telling it like it is". And while they are doing this, they don't see the need to be gentle or tactful.

But, as gwen20 said--Don't rule out a mom that you might consider rude. I take it one question at a time. Someone that seemed rude or bitchy in one question, might be the most supportive and wise advice giver in another.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• because some like to start trouble. but most are really nice.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2011