How can i be more confident goiing into job interviews?

I always go blank whenever they ask me questions it is horrible. Today for example I was turning in a application and I said "I need turns this in to the manager person that handles that" turns out that was the manager. I never seem to be able to get the words out right I either forget get confused or embarresed for waiting so long to answer. Espacilly whenevr they ask me why do you want to work here. I just feel like ugh to make money whant else. Idk what to do any advice? I have never had a job before either.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Find someone who can ask you questions so you can "practice" interviewing. Your state's unemployment office may have some job hunting skills trainings you can attend. United Way and other charities also have programs that help prepare people to interview for jobs. They might be worth a shot.
    mommyjenny2009

Answer by mommyjenny2009 at 5:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Prepare for interviews by researching the company and position, and by practicing with a partner, or in front of a mirror

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think jobs love people who are honest.I would just be yourself and let them know ur nervous and this is a first time thing for u.they like to here a lil bit about yourself.it usually breaks the ice between both I think they know people are nervous too and that's y they do that and of course to see if u have had any experience in it.even if u've done something like it at home I tell them.good luck!
    amyallboys

Answer by amyallboys at 9:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think most people are nervous to some degree on an interview. The thing to keep in mind when they ask you a question is to think of it from their perspective and answer in a way that brings out what you can contrribute to the company. Think of what skills or experience that you have that will help them and make them want to hire you.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have made index cards with just trip words on them .It helped a lot.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2011