My Baby Fights Going To Sleep!

My 3 month old baby crys every time I try to put her down for a nap or to bed for the night. She throws her arms around and crys like she is in pain. At first I though she had gas but she does not! She only does it when she is tired. I have her on an every 2 hour schedule nap time, but she still screams when I start rocking her. I tried letting her cry but she cried for over an hour and was soaking wet with sweat. She screamed so hard that she couldn't even get noise out. Other than this time of day she never cries and is a happy child. She gets about 10 hours of sleep at night but will not sleep more than 15-30 minutes at each naptime during the day. What am I doing wrong?! She is not getting enough sleep because she has bags under her eyes. I know the rocking is a crutch, but letting her cry it out is not going to work. Any advice would be appreciated!

DallasArizona

Asked by DallasArizona at 3:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well i had that problem with my daughter and i started to rap her up like A BURRITO and well that workd! does ur daughter take a pacifier? is she carried alot? mayb use to the arms?? yea rocking them is kinda crutch because they tend to get use to it but hey what mom doesnt like to cuddle their new baby....
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I agree, the only way I could get my infant to sleep is to swaddle her. Another problem I had for the first YEAR was my daughter became lactose sensative (not lactose intolerant). I stopped breast feeding and put her on formula. The doctors thought she just had colic. I waited until she was 4 months old to finally try a different formula. I tried Similac's Alimentum. Honestly, within 24 hours she was a totally different child!!! She slept for the first night in her life.

If you are breast feeding, take a close look at your diet- acidic foods, garlic, spices could all affect baby.
    If you are formula feeding- try alimentum. It is expensive ($25?) but if it works, its worth it.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 6:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Maybe get a moby carrier, I only say this for your sanity. She may sleep and you can still get stuff done. Or just use a big sheet, it's the same thing.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 7:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Have a consistent sleep time routine, swaddle, sing, maybe put on some soothing music and do the same thing all the time. The baby will pick up on the cues and know it is sleep time. When she's drowsy lay her down and leave the room. That's what worked with our kids. They maybe would fuss for a few minutes but were drowsy enough that they went to sleep. Just ideas.......GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• First, try swaddling. Next, try not using that two hour schedule. Note her natural sleep patterns and follow them instead of the clock. You'll get her sleeping willingly on her own faster if you follow her lead than if you try imposing something that's against her natural grain. They know what they need; instinct guides them.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i think it's a phase she may have a tummy upset or who knows what's going on i wish they came with manuals lol
    just do what ya have to and only do what you can handle
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011