I want to name my baby after my dad but i dont know how?

my dad got killed 3 yrs ago my dad name was timothy wayne but i dont know if i can handle calling him my dad's name how can i honor my dad and have some part of his name in the baby name

keithamy06

Asked by keithamy06 at 5:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Baby Names

• My first thought was middle name as well. If that won't work, you could give your son or daughter the same first two initials. A "T" name and then a "W" name.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 5:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You can choose one of your Dad's names for a middle name in his honor and choose another name for the first name. Sorry for your loss.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 5:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I named my YDD after one of my grandfathers. Since she was a girl, I obviously couldn't use his actual names... But he was born/raised in one of the Dakota states (not sure which, I THINK South), so, I named my daughter Dakota. Think of his life--his favorite places, his favorite things, etc. And pick something to memorialize him with. :) Good luck!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yes i agree @tortkey i was going to say that...middle name is a great way. sorry for your loss my father passed 10-10-09
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 5:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i agree with all of the above..great ideas.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• you can't really splice the names timothy or wayne because they will sound silly if you do like-;;; timayne OR Wamothy lol so you should either do what tortkey or bellarose said. GL.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My daughters middle name is Marri (mom is Merri). All my female cousins middle names are Lorraine (grandma's middle name)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 6:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Hi hun, so sorry for your loss! You can have add your Dad's name to your son's middle name. Becca
    MPBMama

Answer by MPBMama at 7:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You could use the T. and the W. for your babies first and middle name ? That would work. Something maybe like Thomas Walter or Trent Wilde or Travis Winter.....work with that...it might be easier !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Using the initials would be a great idea, or maybe using your maiden name (assuming it was your Dad's last name) as a middle name. I'm also a fan of recreating names from others. ex: Timothy + Wayne= Thayne, Taye, Waythe
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011