need ideas

i am going to go on a first date with my bf...we have been together for 2 months and spend most of the weekend together but between his daughter age 2 and my kids ages 2 and 4 we havnt gotton a chance to go on a date. we both have sitters for this sat night!!!! YAY!! and i want to do something special with him more than a movie and dinner...we are on a small budget and i dont know what to do with him...any ideas out there for me???

bbutram5104

Asked by bbutram5104 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• One of the first things I did with DH when we started dating was go for a long walk. We talked the whole time and drank coffee. It was a really nice day. And it didn't cost much. It's kinda cold out now depending on where you live though. What ever you do enjoy!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Are you near the water? The ocean or the sea? It is so romantic to be by the water. Can you take a walk by the water or is it too cold where you live? It does not cost a dime.
    How about going to a classy bar for one or two drinks? Is there an amusement park near you? How about an art gallery or museum that stays open late? You can walk hand in hand and look at art work.
    I brought a bottle of champagne and two tall champagne glasses on my first date with my husband and we drank a glass in the car while we overlooked the Bay on the way back from a wonderful dinner in the City. It was very romantic and highly unusual! Just do not get drunk and drive!!! And keep alchohol in the trunk while driving in case you get pulled over!
    It does not matter what you do! What matters is that you are together! Do not stress about the planning. Just have a great time! Whatever you do! Enjoy!
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 6:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• SADLY WE ARE IN INDIANA AND IT IS GOING TO BE IN THE 30'S OUTSIDE...SEE IF I COULD DO SOMETHING OUTSIDE I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM COMMING UP WITH IDEAS..WE ARE BOTH OUTDOOR PEOPLE BUT IT IS SO COLD I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIM...ALSO MY APARMENT WILL BE EMPTY ALL NIGHT SO I THOUGH ABOUT MAKING HIM DINNER AND JUST DOING THE WHOLE CANDLE LIGHT THING AND SPENDING THE EVENING AT MY PLACE WITH NO KIDS FOR ONCE...(sorry for the caps)
    bbutram5104

Answer by bbutram5104 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Dinner by candlelight sounds perfect.

If you want to do something fun, how about going ice skating or bowling? DH and I did that once...it was a hoot because I'm a terrible bowler.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Well if you have the place to yourself, why not pop open a bottle of wine and just see where the night takes you? Maybe put together a mix CD or a playlist on your computer? I like to play bored games and card games, but you may have a better time just talking. If you guys are ALWAYS around your kids, you'll surprised by how much you have to talk about without all of the interruptions! LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2008