Started getting lower back pain an hour ago any ideas for relief?

i just turned 33 weeks preggos today and my lower back has like this dull pain and wont go away. i was laying on my left so switched to right side and now im sitting up and still wont go away, and it its horrible. Any ideas or remedies to help ease the pain.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 6:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A heating pad on low and some tylenol. also, stretching sitting frog legged to accomodate the baby bump and stretching forward or in downward dog position to stretch out the muscles of your lower back. You can also alternate heat and cold if the heat alone doesn't loosen your muscles. Hope this helps...was so glad my hubby is a physical therapist while I was pregnant as he was able to do adjustments on me to ease my discomfort during my pregnancy with the input of the doctors he works with which really really helped.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 7:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• thanx ill try that and my baby is active this time so she is constantly moving around and omg it hurts to get up and move i have also had pains inmy groin for a week so bad that it hurts just to spread my legs alittle to get off bed
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 7:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If you have an exercise ball try laying bent over it backwards for 10 min or so at a time. It worked wonders for me.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would say find an indoor pool ! When I was pregnant I LOVED the pool ! It was a life saver for me. Honestly as soon as you get in the pool all the weight lifts off of your back and legs and feet. Its amazing. I hope you can do this. Good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• sounds like maybe braxton hicks. i was told to drink lots and lots of water, and lay down on my side. it worked for me really well, and they went away in a day or two. like pp said, water felt great. i was about as far along as you were when i went swimming, and it really felt fantastic. i hope that helps!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 8:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011