Sick AGAIN! :(

15 mo old dd just got over an awful cold/all over head infection. She had green gunk coming out of her eyes and everything and her whole little face was swollen. The doctor gave her a shot of antibotics and put her on some for 10 days. It hasn't even been a month since she was sick, and this weekend she has started coughing again and yesterday she had green stuff coming otu of one of her eyes :( I am alternating motrin and advil and altnernating warm and cold compresses over her eyes. I left her thermometer at my mom's last weekend, but dd was BURNING up last night. Her face was beat red and her whole body was radiating heat. So we stripped her down and let her run around in a diaper and I gave her a cool bath. Is there anything else I can do for her to break all this gunk up? She has her 15 mo's check up on Thrusday, but I think that's gonna go from a well baby appt to a sick baby appt.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lots of fluids and a humidifier are the only other suggestions I have. Good luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Awwww, give her lots of fluids. It seems like when my son was around that age, he was sick ALL of the time. Especially being on antibiotics, it's killed all her good antibodies. You might want to feed her some yogurt to help build those back up when her fever isn't so high. The yogurt might not sit well in her tummy if her fever is so high.

I'm sorry, I know it's miserable seeing them this way!

Good luck hun!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My Vicks vaporizer machine works wonders on my daughters when they are sick......I just plug it in at night, and it breaks all that crap up by morning!!! Get one!
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• She might have pnumonia. Its been going around. A close friend of ours has a 16 month old son that has been sick on and off since December. Its been a rough road. Flu , then bronchittus, then sinus infection , and now sick again. They are taking him in for x-rays today to make sure its not pnumonia. Definitely talk to you pediatrician about it. :(
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would rush her to the doctors, but thats just me I am a 1st time mom and have taken my daughter to the doctors for less then that. I hope she gets to feeling better soon for your sakes.
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 9:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Quit alternating Motrin and Advil (they are the same medicine--ibuprofen)--you will kill her liver and kidneys

If you are going to alternate medicine then use Tylenol (acetaminophen) and Motrin or Advil--not both
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2011