Can I mix my milk?

I pump every time after I breastfeed my little man. Can I mix the milk that I pump? I'm storing it and the storage bags are pretty big. I don't want to put just two oz of milk in one great big bag.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Just for Fun

• tough Question, ide say if its from the same day it should be okay. But I wouldnt mix one day of breastmilk with the next days. also it depends on how often you are feeding him by the bottle. Go to this site it might help.
    http://breastfeeding.hypermart.net/storagehandling.html

You always have the best Q's by the way!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 6:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oh yeah, you can always add. Just date it for the date you put the first couple ounces in, and you can just pull it out of the freezer and add, and stick it back in. I did that all the time.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• nichole- it's fine, really! Both my sister's are nurses and they did it too. Trust me- your milk is your milk. It really makes no difference.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• sisters (no apostrophe, whoops)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 6:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yes, you can. It might be better to only store two or three ounces in one bag, depending on how much your LO eats in one sitting.
    kk_bella

Answer by kk_bella at 6:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• LOL thanks nicole. You're not the first to say that.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• oh well thats good! I didnt pump and store my milk with my DD so I did find a really good site. I hope it helps her out. And im preg. again so I know now. Thank you. look at the site. its really good!
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 6:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008