Dh is taking SS to stripclub for 18th b-day

Ss is turning 18 and dh is taking him to stripclub. Now I really don't have issues with those types of club just a issue with the fact that ss's little girlfriend is pregnant. The boy does nothing but play video games all day. No job, no license, no responsiblities, and no intent for any of these. For me showing him how to be a real man. Showing him how to be responsible and prepare for the up coming events. My ss does nothing for himself and in my opuon hasn't earned that right as adult. Anyone have opion on how to address this.....

aitson

Asked by aitson at 8:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Wow! I am actually quite shocked at all the supportive sounding replies!! I am by no means a prude but turning 18 does NOT constitute a trip to a strip club!! ESPECIALLY by his dad!! Not to mention that the SS has ALREADY knocked up a girl!! Sounds like dad is encouraging his irresponsible lifestyle. Perhaps a trip to the employment office and signing up for a life skills class where he can learn how to care for a baby should be his happy 18th b-day gift!! Welcome to life in the real world!! How exactly can a trip to a strip club be justified?? Call me old fashioned but I thought it was "traditionally" done when a "real man" steps up to get married!! Since your DH is showing very poor judgement... you may need to try and talk some sense in to him (not around the ss and not in an angry way). Hoping he sees the light! Good luck!
    SCMomKatie

Answer by SCMomKatie at 10:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Sounds like dad himself might be immature to be taking him to a strip club when his time and effort on his son should OBVIOUSLY be spent teaching him how to MAN UP and become a father!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would say all of this to hub.  I agree with you, lets grow up first.  ;)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My son will be 18 in a few months and all I can say is wow ... I'd give hubby a good swift kick in the groin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• if he were a normal everyday kid turning 18, he would have every God given right to be at the stripclub. however, it's not exactly the moral thing to do with a pregnant girlfriend at home. he can thank his lack of responsibility on the fact he has to skip the stripclub this year.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Im not experienced with teens yet as my son is only turning 11 but I would be frustrated if this were his situation in seven years. I would make some consequences if I were you. He doesn't deserve any privledges, not even video games in your home. Good luck girl! I feel for ya!
    CandiceKat

Answer by CandiceKat at 8:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would allow it only because I think that most dads feel that this is the "right of passage" and its a time of bonding that they look forward to. I agree with your points too though, so it makes the situation tricky. He is going to have to get really serious really quick. Good luck honey.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• His bday is a bday not a life lesson. Let your husband have his fun with his son, and still sit down with him and explain your concerns.

Answer by gemgem at 8:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If that club sells liquor your 18 y.o wont be allowed in. Id be afraid taking him would show him skinny in shape, not preggo women and cause him to try and take up with a different girl instead of doing the right thing by the preggo GF. But thats just me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The only thing you can do is speak to your husband, pointing out the total irresponsibility on his part in encouraging an 18-year old kid to be as irresponsible as is his father. The die is already cast and barring some real miracle, your son will be exactly the same kind of man as his dad is. Still, it is possible your husband might wake up and see the damage he is doing if he has it directly pointed out to him. So that's what I would do. I would try to be as kind as possible, but I also would be completely honest. He has raised the boy to be irresponsible, with no boundaries, and the blame should be placed squarely on his shoulders. Then he can do with it as he will.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:21 AM on Mar. 22, 2011