Nag!

Dh and I have been talking about trying for a third child. Sometimes he says "sure- now or never" and other times he seems disinterested and like he doesn't want a third. We aren't going to start ttc until we are both 100% sure that this is what we want.

I don't want to push the issue too much- but it's hard for me not to ask every couple of nights:) any suggestions on how to bide my time for a week or two before I bring up the topic again? Or should I (try to) wait until he brings up the topic of a third baby (which could be never)

Thanks:)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 8:21 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I say try to wait. I think that maybe your constant requests to try my cause him to distance himself or get more nervous or more pressured to make his choice.
    I am in the same boat. DH says he doesnt want anymore children. I want one more. He always says no more ( we only have 1 ). Yet...sometimes he throws a curve ball and says if we have another one he wants to name him...."fill in the blank". Then I get excited again, but I try to keep it under wraps.
    Let it all out here until DH is ready ! Good Luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Don't push the issue. We never reallly discussed having a third or a fourth for that matter. We just let nature take it's course. Now when we did talk about a third it was because I came home from a hospital visit with a positive test. i suppose you could bide your time thinking up some fun ways to practice making a baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011