Am I working hard enough?

I have been working out for about 12 weeks now. I am impressed that I have been able to maintain a 1 lb a week weight loss, but I measured and I have only lost about 1 inch from my midsection. I don't know if I am working hard enough or if I am just doing the wrong things.

I am using my WII fit and doing about 15-25 min of exercise 3-5 days a week. I was doing 5 and dropped and now I am trying to increase it again. I find exercises that focus on my midsection b/c that is where I need the most work. I am also doing a LOT of cardio as well as on my feet and walking 5-8 hours while I am working.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

coala

Asked by coala at 8:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think your doing excellent ! You really dont want to loose a lot of weight fast simply because its unhealthy. Dont get discouraged ! Good luck sweetheart !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It's not the amount of weight that is bothering me it is the inches from my waist that I am getting discouraged over.
    coala

Comment by coala (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well, the 12 lbs have come from all over, so an inch off the waist isn't a small feat. You will see bigger results over time, but you're wise to take it slow. Try not to focus so much on the measurements, and look at how your clothes are fitting. How is your food intake? Are you eating right, keeping yourself from getting too hungry, and eating the right amount of calories? Food is 80% of the battle.
    You can't spot-lose fat, as you may know. Give your body some time- as you lose more weight, more and more will come off from everywhere, including your waist. Keep on doing what you're doing! Good job!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think you are doing good.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You might need to increase!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would do more, move it up to 45 minutes.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You should up the amount of time a little, anf fo more focused workouts for that area. you can wait for a plateau to add to your routine.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 10:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i think you are doing good be patient
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Plank exercises for your core/abs/tummy!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2011