Young marines

ok ladies i have another question. do u think young marines is good for kids too join. i also have a 14 yr old son who did join and im gettin slack from ppl. my son does maintain good grades and plays sports as well. i was told that i have involved in too much. he wanted too join all these activitys on his own i did not force him too do it. so i would like some feed back please.

chris1975

Asked by chris1975 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• how does a 14 yr old sign up? I thought you had to be 18
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The young Marines will teach him self discipline and responsibility. Let him join if he wants. Nothing wrong with a kid who does lots of sports as long as the grades in school are still good.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The Young Marines is like an ROTC program it's not the actual military
    vbruno

• no rotc is different its through school we dont have an rotc out here in our district. the young marines meet at the armory and teach the marine corps values. its for age 8 to 18 or til they graduate
    chris1975

Comment by chris1975 (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Its a very good program! Dont listen to the nay sayers/

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I said LIKE ROTC. And it's a GREAT program for young kids!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• OH... I have heard of ROTC.... I thought you meant he signed up for the Marines.

You said you are getting flack for signing him up for "too much"... what else is he involved in?

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think ROTC programs are wonderful! the Marine Corps is very strict (I'm married to one) and they enforce morals greatly. I can only assume that they ROTC program is setting them up for a future in the military and only adds to the guidance to become a smart and responsible young adult.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Why should it be anybody's business what your son is doing except you & your son's? If you are okay with him being involved in so much & he is able to properly devote his attention to each of his activities, plus maintain his grades, then leave him be & let him have fun. Ignore the other people as much as you can when they bring it up, just smile, nod & change the subject.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i did say the young marines we dont have rotc in our district. he learns the values and they do alot of stuff with the marines like toys for tots at christmas time and volunteer work. so yes i said young marines not rotc. thats different
    chris1975

Comment by chris1975 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2011