• In the Spotlight:

Smoothies and shakes

Out of curiousity do any of you mom's have a favorite smoothie or shake that you make that you love?

I went to my doctor's appt today and at 8 months pregnant I have not gained ANY weight, the few pounds that I did I gain I lost, I eat like a pig but my doctor is checking my thyroid to see if its overactive. He told me to add more protein to my diet so we asked if whey powder would be ok to put into smoothies and things and he said absolutely. So I was curious what other smoothies mommies love and what they contain!

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 6:53 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Food & Drink

• 1 cup vanilla yougert
    1 cup apple juice
    1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
    2 TBS honey

My kids LOVE this.
    Star76

Answer by Star76 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• oh that sounds really good!!!!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• 1cup vanilla yogurt
    2 tbs frozen orange juice
    1 tbs honey
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1/2 cup pineapple

In blender with water to thin as desired.
    Top it off with fat free cool whip.....YUMMY!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Put 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of almonds in the blender and blend until almost smooth. Put into a container that has a lid and leave overnight, then strain through cheesecloth. The resulting almond milk will be very nutritious for you and baby both, with protein, calcium, magnesium, phytochemicals, antioxidants, vitamins, and omegas. Use it with frozen berries to make one of the best smoothies you'll ever taste. When I was pregnant I was addicted to them! You can also use frozen peaches with the almond milk, with or without strawberries.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• OOH...Almond mik....would never have thought of that...EXTRA YUMMY : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• We do arbonne's vanilla protein and orange fiber shakes. For us and our kids.. lol
    We take fruit (usually blueberries, strawberries, melon, or soemthing else.. lol) and freeze them or buy frozen already.
    put those in the blender with some water or juice.
    Add the powder
    Its great! lol Hubby likes to add veggies too. Like broccoli.. not me. lol My dad likes to use Arbonne chocoloate protein with organic peanut butter and it taste like a reeses to him. lol
    We get our shake ideas from www.gofigure8.com there are tons of ideas on that site.
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 1:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• oh hubby likes to add yogurt a lot too..
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 1:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2008