I'm pregnant not disabled!!!

Don't you ever feel like saying that?
I was talking to my Grandma and she's the queen of annoying comments and worrying. It's always, "watch the stais, be careful", " watch what you are eating", "DONT drive!"...
Then I told her we're not coming in to town and she goes "Oh, being that your pregnant you shouldn't ride 4 hours"....
Do you have people like this? What do you say to these unwanted comments?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol if it really bugs you, tell her old people shouldn't do etc etc either haha just an idea!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My husband was like that when I was pregnant. He was away working in Alaska when we found out I was 5 month pregnant and when he got home a few weeks later I ran to him and he yelled at me cuz I was "hurting the baby". LOL. According to him I couldn't walk, go up stairs, walk on wet surfaces, cement or grass it didn't matter and I couldn't handle taking a shower alone because of being pregnant. I finally said "Dammit I'm pregnant not dying!!!" LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Well, how old is your Grandma? Sometimes the older generation still thinks the old way. They thought a pregnant woman couldn't work, or exercise, or do daily things, etc. but we know now that's not true.

And then maybe she's just being over protective of you and the baby and just doesn't want you to get hurt...
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 7:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• HA i only had to read your title lol and i knew the answer lol but i read the rrest too lol i say that all the time lol i tellmy SO im pregnant not handicap i can do soem tings too lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I get that shit all the time, esp from my husband I understand he's worried and all but its ok I can pick up the basket of laundty. He wasn't like that when I was pregnant with our son but he is now.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Well... My Hubby is like that to an extent too, but not like my Grandma. She just gets annoying about it. She's 79 to whoever asked
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Depending on who is saying what, you can just go ahead and enjoy getting to kick back and put your feet up. And if you feel it really is silly, just say something like "Thanks, but my doc says I am as healthy as can be and "X" is just fine!" And for Grandma, change the subject and ask her about being pregnant, she'll talk for hours and forget all about whatever it was you were doing that she thought would hurt you!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Enjoy it! They are concerned and riding for 4 hours is harder when pregnant. Harder on your legs and bladder.

However, enjoy the pampering .. it will end once the baby comes!
    LikeItOrNot

Answer by LikeItOrNot at 8:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Haha. I think some people thought I'd be more fragile than I am and are surprised that I'm still doing everything I did before. In fact, I'm exercising even more now (low impact of course). WHenever anyone asks me sympathetically how I"m feeling and all that, I just say very energetically that I'm great, exercising everyday and haven't been sick once (the truth). This stops people from pitying me. It helps that I have energy and don't look all sickly or frail. Just tell her that things are very different now and women are encouraged to be active in pregnancy.
    Anonymous