Should I take him or make him stay inside once again?

My son has had a bad cough and a runny nose but other than these two things he is running around and happy. He has been desperately asking me to go to the park which is at the end of my road (literally a hop and skip to it) but I just don't know if I should take him in fear of spreading the germs? He feels cooped up and he doesn't have a playset outside yet. What should I do??

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He will be outside, fresh air will do him good, give him a cold medicine and let him run!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I never bothered to keep my kids in if it was just a cold.... you teach him to cough into the crook of his elbow and you keep his nose clean... and take him out.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If your child has symptoms of a cold do you really want to share that with other unsuspecting children and parents? I would keep him inside or let him run around in the backyard. My personal opinion.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• He sounds like it could just be allergies. He's playing and running around, so I see no harm in taking him out. Unless he is running a fever, of course. Have fun!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:27 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• a kid can pick up a cold any where... that is silly to isolate your child for nothing more than a cold. Just dont hang out with up tight moms... and like the first woman said... teach him to cough right and wipe his nose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I say take him. It will make him happy. And yes teach hime to cough in his elbow . thats a good idea
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 9:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I agree, take him. Just teach him to cough in his arm. The running around may work out his cold.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• No fever, just that darn runny nose and ugly cough. We have A LOT of pollen falling here right now and everyone is getting nasty allergies so I'm kind of thinking that is what it is. Thanks for the opinions everyone!
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• He needs some fresh air and some physical activity. Take him out.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I say take him. My son has had a cough and a runny nose pretty much most of the winter. I think it is just the cold season. As long has he doesn't have a fever take him outside.
    TishAnn752

Answer by TishAnn752 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011