Mental Health Hospital For My Sister Help!Tx

My little sister the age of 16 is needing to be placed in an inpatient Mental Health Facility TONITE it is a real desperate situation.I looked online and the facilities I have called have no beds available!! Any suggestions on how I can find her some help tonite?The regular hospital really had nothing to offer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• What behaviors is she exhibiting?
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My sister is suicidal and in a rage.She has moments of leaving home on pills and driving recklessly.She had a fight with this girl and later in the day tried running her off the road..The girl almost hit a tree so yes things are soo very very bad.
    Anonymous

• If nothing is open you might try calling the non-emergency number for your local jail, and explain the situation, they might hold her over night.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Where in Tx are you?
    Anonymous

• Houston
    Anonymous

• Have you gone on to Yahoo to the Yellowpages. type in your city and then go under Health and Medicine, then under Hospitals and Medical Centers and then Psychiatric Hospitals. There's a huge amount of places and phone numbers. I don't know if they are all hospitals, but it's worth a look.
    Anonymous

• Check out this place too. I know that they are in San Antonio, but if feel that it is extremely important that she be admitted somewhere, give them a call.

Laurel Ridge Treatment Center
    Address: 17720 Corporate Woods Drive, San Antonio, TX 78259
    Phone: (210) 888-9625

Laurel Ridge is a psychiatric hospital offering a comprehensive continuum of behavioral healthcare services, including acute programs for children, adolescents and adults, and residential treatment for children and adolescents.
    Anonymous

• You take her to the emergency room and tell them she is suicidal. They have to take her on a 5150 for a 72 hour hold. If they refuse treatment and she commits suicide, you sue the damn hospital!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2008