Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mental Health Hospital For My Sister Help!Tx

My little sister the age of 16 is needing to be placed in an inpatient Mental Health Facility TONITE it is a real desperate situation.I looked online and the facilities I have called have no beds available!! Any suggestions on how I can find her some help tonite?The regular hospital really had nothing to offer!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

Answers (8)
  • What behaviors is she exhibiting?

    Answer by goinginsane1 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • My sister is suicidal and in a rage.She has moments of leaving home on pills and driving recklessly.She had a fight with this girl and later in the day tried running her off the road..The girl almost hit a tree so yes things are soo very very bad.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • If nothing is open you might try calling the non-emergency number for your local jail, and explain the situation, they might hold her over night.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • Where in Tx are you?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • Houston

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • Have you gone on to Yahoo to the Yellowpages. type in your city and then go under Health and Medicine, then under Hospitals and Medical Centers and then Psychiatric Hospitals. There's a huge amount of places and phone numbers. I don't know if they are all hospitals, but it's worth a look.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • Check out this place too. I know that they are in San Antonio, but if feel that it is extremely important that she be admitted somewhere, give them a call.

    Laurel Ridge Treatment Center
    Address: 17720 Corporate Woods Drive, San Antonio, TX 78259
    Phone: (210) 888-9625

    Laurel Ridge is a psychiatric hospital offering a comprehensive continuum of behavioral healthcare services, including acute programs for children, adolescents and adults, and residential treatment for children and adolescents.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

  • You take her to the emergency room and tell them she is suicidal. They have to take her on a 5150 for a 72 hour hold. If they refuse treatment and she commits suicide, you sue the damn hospital!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Alcoholic detox....

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
Help with sleep