How to decrease my belly width?

I have alot of weight to lose (80 - 100 lbs.) & I am losing weight and walking on my treadmill 30 minutes a day. When I walk on my treadmill I can feel it working my stomach muscles & they are sore afterwards. I have a very large belly, it seems most of my weight is there. I have been measuring and though I have lost some inches off my belly most of them seem to be coming off other areas of my body. Will my belly eventually catch up with the more weight I lose or do I need to do something different?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would think that you'll eventually start losing more from your belly. I have been running on the treadmill for 6-8 months now and was losing from everywhere BUT my stomach. Finally, I've started noticing weight coming off my belly. It also has to do with what you eat. There are foods that help burn belly fat and other things. Google has been my best friend lately!! :) Good luck and congratulations on the weight loss!
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What are some of the foods that help to burn it if you don't mind sharing?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Of course! Oatmeal, almonds, protein powder shakes, olive oil, berries, eggs, beans, lean meats and fish, whole grains, peanut butter, green veggies, dairy (like yogurt), avacados, iced tea.
    lizfox111

Answer by lizfox111 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have always heard that the first place you put it on is the last pace it comes off. For me it has been true. For example, I am quite busty and I would LOVE to lose weight in my bust, but it is the LAST place I lose it. I can be stick thin everywhere and have these giant mams to contend with. My lower belly is a close second.

I would keep doing what you're doing and believe that it will eventually catch up. Also, you could try to do some exercises targeted for your belly. Without costing a lot, one of those yoga balls gives you a lot of options for your belly.

Good luck mama!!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You might consider adding some strength training to your routine as well- lean tissue burns more than fat does, which means your metabolism will speed up. As you lose weight, more will come off from your waist, but you can't lose in specific areas. Be patient with your body, your belly will catch up! Good luck with your weight loss journey!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks lizfox
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• great answers ladies
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I like the other ladies answers, good luck!
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• With a treadmill only you will lose weight, and inevitably some of that will be from your abdomin, but is you want to tone up that area you will have to do more than just the treadmill. You are going to have to do rxercises that target that area. Walking is good for your eart, and your legs. Not so much for your tummy.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 9:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would wait until you hit a plateau in your weight loss, and you will, and then add in more targeted exercises. You will want to add to what you are currently doing at the time of the plateau..
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 9:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011