Wow! What is with some of these Moms here?! adult content

I was reading a few questions and their answers, hell I have even posted a question or two and been ATTACKED. wtf?!

Example, my oldest was having issues potty training so I put her in a diaper and put her in a playpen so she would understand that being a baby wasn't any fun. she was in there for maybe 5 minutes before she agreed, it wasn't fun and wanted out to be a big girl again. SOMEONE yelled at me calling me a bad mother and saying that what I had done was so close to child abuse it wasn't funny..

Really?! I didn't hit her, didn't abuse her in any way and yet I was attacked and yelled at.. all I wanted was more ideas on how to help her understand that being 5 and wetting herself wasn't acceptable.

We are all MOTHERS why in the world would any of us just jump to conclusions.. we all have kids and know how hard it is to raise a child, why make another Mother feel worse for asking for help with a problem by yelling at her and speaking down to her?!

I can understand if a Mom says she left her toddler in a dirty diaper for hours to teach them a lesson and bragging about it.. yes that Mom i would be upset with but still.. if she was asking for help with a diaper rash, what she did is wrong and she KNOWS that.. hints asking how to make her kid feel better. OFFER different solutions for the original problem and a solution to the new problem instead of just attacking her..

cafemom is here to help other moms and to communicate with other Moms who understand what we are going through so we can share laughs, advice, stories and maybe brag a bit (or a bunch) about our kiddos.. stop the attack on other Moms who might not be Mrs or Miss perfect and need advice. we all get stressed and need advice now and then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• There's a difference between disagreeing and bashing. Mature people know this. I am ok with disagreements, and constructive feedback when asked for it, but there's really no need to knock people down. I try to remember this when I respond to people and don't attack because it's simply not our place to.

That's just my two cents worth.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Period point blank, this will ALWAYS happen.  Someone is not going to agree with you.  TONS of "someones" aren't going to agree with you.  My ongoing advice from now on is going to be if you can't handle it, don't be here.  If you don't want to be disagreed with or bashed, don't post anything. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• When I see a woman using excuses not to step up and help her neice out of a terrible situation I will say something. I say it for the child. I do not think you were talking of that question but it is infuriating to read all her excuses while innocent chldren suffer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Someone said putting your child in a Playpen was "chid abuse" Oh wow, that Is stupid!
    Many posters don't know what they are talking about. Just ignore them. They're out to make themselves feel "superior".
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I dont bash over the small things. Some Mothers here do need a reality check though. Granted its not entirely our place to give it to her, but I am still shocked by some of the things the Mothers on here are posting.

On another note I agree that some of the moms are super insane when it comes to bashing sometimes. I was bashed because I didnt buy a potty for my son to try potty training and he is only 17 months old. He just started walking at 16 months. He is sooo not ready for a potty. He cant even say Potty.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 10:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• AMEN SISTER !!! :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 10:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think because so many people on here have so many different views of what abuse is or how it's "proper" to parent things get heated... Honestly, I just ignore it. If you can't understand that everyone has a different view, you shouldn't post.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• People perceive bashing and criticism differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Mrs Houston, that is a bullshit answer.. pure and simple. I shouldn't have to be bashed when asking for advice. I don't care if someone disagrees with me and thinks that what I have done isn't the best solution.. because clearly it isn't or what I am asking for advice about would be solved.. hints not needing to ask the question. bashing me about it isn't going to help. Just give me the advice I asked for without the snotty commentary on the side.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well you are the one bashing now so welcome to the club.  No, I don't believe personally that what you did is abuse but SOMEBODY out there will, period.  If you are going to be this sensitive and take things to heart like this, yes, I stand by that "bullshit" answer.  Stay away from here.  Why cause yourself stress? 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011