Can being nice get some items for free?

You can call the 800 # on products to compliment or complain about the product. More than 1/2 of the time, the compnay will send you a free coupon for the product.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yep! We have done that on occasion. It takes the expense out of going out and researching, surveying, and such how their product is performing in relationship to its competitors, so it makes financial sense to reward those who do call with something. I have had to call with questions every once in a while about ingredients and even then they will still ask to send me some coupons.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The compliment may work if you call and say "I really love the product but its a little expensive. Do you have any coupons you could send me to help make it more affordable to get?"
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 10:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Complaints have done that. I don't do it to get something - I do it because a company should know when either their product or their employee is not doing what it is or they are supposed to do.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• because they want your return buzyness and if giving you something for free with get you to keep purchasing it they see it as good busyness
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thats a good tip, but I think that it only applies with a complaint.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 10:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've gotten free coupons with compliments. I called Colgate to tell them that I've been a loyal customer and liked Colgate Total, they sent a coupon.
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yup - I used to do that a lot.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011