"bring me in" you ever hear this?

Ok I so understand everybody needs a job or wants to get a better one and ain't hating on that fact. But I swear I get sick and tired of people askinng me...how did you get in? Are they hiring? Can you give me refereance?

Like I don't want to sound stuck up or anything but damn what the hell u think I did to get in? I applied and interviewed. No I can not give you a referene because that is using my good name I have worked hard to get and I wanna keep it. 2. if they were hiring I would let you know or better yet keep an eye out on the job board.

I hesitate to ask people these questions if I was looking to get in somewhere cause I know how I feel when I'm asked. Don't get me wrong if I hear of job opening soewhere I will mention it to a friend that was looking for something so I am not a selfish greedy person. So dont get it twisted lol

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wouldnt want to give someone a refernce either unless you know 100% that they have grat work ethic. Too many people are flaky abotu work and it would make you look bad. Ican see you notifying them if an opening is coming up but beyond tha they would be on their own.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well, some people are having a really hard time 'getting in' and I can see why they ask.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm a SAHM, but my DH works full time as a supervisor. My BIL needed a job, and my DH, as a favor to me, got him on and gave himself as a reference. After a little less than 3 weeks, BIL quit out of the blue. I was PISSED. It makes my DH look bad, and it makes me look bad for asking him! Now, DH won't give himself as a reference or tell personnel that he sent someone unless he KNOWS the person is going to be a good worker. As you said, he worked hard to get where he is and to get and keep his good name!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• REFERENCE.
    If I had a good friend and I knew they would be an asset to a company that was hiring, of course I would give them a reference.
    WHat is that you said about "your good name" ? LOL.
    Times are tough and everyone needs a little help.
    Pay it forward.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I get at least 5 calls a day folks looking for work,now all they have to do is call a business and ask if they are hiring,and put down they applied on their un-employment forms.This is wrong.They need to get out and find work.Even if it is a food joint its a paycheck folks.There is no shame in a job,just a paycheck.This frustrates me to no end.Stop making it so easy to get benefits,.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It's called NETWORKING and it's one of the best things you can do to get a job - so relax. Don't get me wrong there are few people I would give my stamp of approval (I can probably name two) and actually recommend for a job but I see nothing wrong with people asking you if there are openings. You can tell them where or whether to apply but you certainly DON'T need to recommend them - they apply separate and apart from you. Don't be so irritated - networking is crucial.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yeah like I said I understand networking I just know of so many people that wouldn't do a good job. I know they say the would but I see them in their personal lives and hear about their previous work related problems and I am like yeah.... lol I'm not trying to prevent anyone from working just I already know they are barking up the wrong tree lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Don't dis networking; around half of the available jobs are posted on the job boards; the rest are found through networking

Answer by rkoloms at 4:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2011