What does it mean when you have cramping & some light bleeding during early pregnancy?

I am about 4 weeks pregnant & I got one big cramp down in the pelvic area & some light bleeding & I think I might of lost the baby last night

sweetbug27

Asked by sweetbug27 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor right now. Ive been through this myself. You need to have a beta hcg done to monitor the levels for the next few days to see if they increase to make sure they baby is ok. Its still too early for an ultrasound.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I had my first ultrasound done at 4 weeks. They were checking to see I wasn't having a tublar pregnancy. You wont see much on it just the (i think they called it a egg sack or yolk sac or something like that) BUT yes call ur Dr. ASAP!
    Meltopia529

Answer by Meltopia529 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• First things First. Take A deep breath and Dont Panic. the stress can cause extra problem you and your baby do not need!

Call your doctor explain the situation see if you can just come in or stay home or... need to go to the ER. if it is only very lite spoting you probably are ok but if it gets worse you need to be carefull.

while waiting on the toughts of your doctor Tell your SO whats doing and he needs to take over the house for a little bit if hes home. go back to your room turn on tv or music or something lay down and completely relax those mucels
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I've had random light bleeding through my whole pregnancy. I'm 32 weeks now and everything seems normal, my cervix is just irritated for some reason. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Good luck!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011