What if sometimes they just really are not ready?

I know someone who got pregnant at a really young age,13. She is MRDD and no one knows who the father is. She said it was one guy and they tested him and received two lettlers in the mail. One said not the father the other said inconclusive. There are thoughts that it could be her brothers child or her uncle but no one wanted to test out those ideas.Her daughter is now 4 and this girl is now 18. She now wants to give her up for adoption. my personal opinion is that she was just to young in the first place and didn't understand the gravity of what was happening in the first place. She is now living with her bf who I think has some issues as well and left her daughter with a family member who we all think is a little crazy as well. We are worried about this girl and her daughter. How do I help both of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I didn't know the Mother had a disability, I apologize. But I would look through the local & city papers for Couples who put ads in the paper wanting to adopt. They pay all the awyers fees and you get to interview them. That is how my mailman adopted his daughter! If I was that girls friend, That's what I would do to help her out. GL :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• that whole situation breaks my heart.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Wow, this is a lot different than how you worded the question the first time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Yeah I thought it would be a better way to get an answer and not just opinons. So I could really help her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Would YOU be willing to have temporary custody? Do you know someone who might be? Other than that, what can you do?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If she wants to put her up for adoption, maybe mention to her that she should give her daughter to someone in the family to take care of. She will regret it down the road and that way she can always see her. What a sad situtation.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The "crazy person' is a family member who we all think is unfit. I know of some people i think would be willing to adopt but would only allow lettler and pictures. I don't think this girl ever wanted her daughter but didn't know what to do. She jsut wasn't old enough and mentally prepared enough to understand what to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• UNless you are willing to take the child into your home, what can you do besides offer a caring ear and support??
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If she wanted me to help her with the adoption process should I do that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• How sad for that 4 year old little girl. I wish she had given her up at birth instead. At 4 years old that is like abandonment to the child. Although the child would be better off with a normal family who loved & cared for her & away from the danger that her mother was in. I think you should research adoption agencies & I know a couple who put an ad in a local paper looking to adopt. Check your local papers & have it done through a lawyer. I think it may just be better for the poor thing to have no contact with the Mother anyway. At 18 you are old enough to love your child enough to keep them or want better for them. I am curious why she would want to give her up at 4 years old?? It is just so sad.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2011