What to infer from a 16yr old saying Charlie Sheen is his idol?

I don't know if it was a joke, a serious red flag or what. In my opinion this man is a FAR shortcoming of an idol.

Penguin88

Asked by Penguin88 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd guess it was because of Charlie's porn star girlfriends

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• yeah I would be inclined to say the 16 yo is focusing on the "goddess" aspect of his life and probably not all the rest - but who knows. Maybe you should just ask him what he thinks is so cool about him.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would ignore it and not over react. I'd find positive and negative in Charlie sheen and point out both.. example, Charlie sheen is a great actor, he brought great talent to his shows, its great that unlike many celebrities he speaks his ind and doesn't worry about the press, however his drug use has damaged him almost beyond repair and it clouds his decision making at times. Also find out why he said he is his idol, his answer may not be what you expect, or it could simply be because Charlie lives with 2 women..lol Typical 16yr olds would think there is no life better then that! Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would ask him. It's far better to get the answer from the source, only he knows why he said it. Wow, I'd be nervous about that comment.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would infer that he was being sarcastic and trying to be cool. Ask him!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 11:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• If he is acting like Charlie Sheen I'd be concerned, other than that I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't infer too much, but I would ask why he felt that way or what is it that makes him idol material. Chances are he was thinking about the porn star girlfriends or it was simply sarcastic driven by the fact that some kids find the guy's actions are hilarious these days.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Aside from his drug usage....what is so awful about him? He's entitled to live his life as he see fits....God knows that alot of non-celebreties certainly do. He speaks his mind and he does what he wants. he's a grown man well past the legal age of consent. I hope for his sake he can get help for his drug issues but as far as everything else goes....more power to him.
    Anonymous

• Try ASKING him why Charlie Sheen is his idol. You may be surprised by the answer. I wouldn't worry too much. Kids idols change all the time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• This is definitely one of those "teachable moments" where you talk to your boy and ask him just what he thinks is so great about him. Try not to judge what he says, just discuss it.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011