Has anyone met their DH/SO on Match.com or like site?

By chance I met the love of my life strangely enough on match.com - we weren't even matched up - we kind of stumbled across each other- 5-1/2 years ago. I think initially we were a little embarrassed to tell people how we met but now we look back and laugh - 1 in 5 relationships now have met this way.

So what's your experience good or bad? Believe me I did date a few stinkers before meeting my prince but that was all part of the journey.

8Tinkerboo8

Asked by 8Tinkerboo8 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• A friend of mine met her now ex husband through match.com. He was perfect for her. Now they are divorcing and he has a restraining order against him. Abusive SOB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My sister and her new husband met that way -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I met my husband on Yahoo close to 10 years ago.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I met my SO on plentyoffish.com. I didn't have any luck on match. At first, I ignored his email! His pic wasn't all that great and he wrote something kinda insulting. I even cancelled our first date! When we finally did go out, I was overwhelmed by how handsome and charming he is! I still am overwhelmed by him! lol
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 11:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I didnt meet my husband on a dating site but I did meet him on a social networking site called MocoSpace.....we talked for several months on there before we started talking on the phone, then for another 3 months just over the phone....I felt like I was already in love with him before we even met lol... now 5 years later we're married and expecting our 2nd baby =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I met my SO on plentyoffish. I stumbled on his profile by accident as he was out of my mileage range, but it scrolled across the page ans I was saying OH MY about his arms and smile. I wrote to him which was a good thing because he was one of those shy men on there who did not write to women, and here we are a year later living together and happy. Best thing I ever did.
    CopingMom33

Answer by CopingMom33 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm loving all these positive stories! There are some people in the world that need to know LOVE is still out there and it is real. Like anything else if you haven't done a true, self analysis on why you are in a bad relationship you will continue to pick bad men whether meeting them in person or on internet - when I changed the way I dated and understood my past choices I was able to move past it and find a healthy, happy love. YOU CAN TO! Keep those positive stories coming for those woman who are feeling lonely and sad in their current life so they know there are good things out there if they do the work. KEEP THE POSITIVE COMING!
    8Tinkerboo8

Comment by 8Tinkerboo8 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I met him on okcupid.com. I found his profile and hesitated for about a week before finally sending him a message. In it, I told him if he was interested, to let me know. His response said "I'm officially letting you know and we all know what THAT means." We fell head over heels for each other pretty much instantly. We've been going through some rough stuff lately, but I keep remembering that and I know we'll be ok in the end. I knew from that first response from him that he was the one for me. What's really funny is that I found him right after I'd decided I didn't want a serious relationship, just wanted to date. And instead, I fell headlong into the love of my life.

I also met my ex-husband on the AOL personals (oh, god, that was soooo long ago! lol). That turned out to be a disaster, however.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I bet my dh 8 years ago on a site called americansingles.com
    We didnt tell anyone at first since in 03 it was still pretty new. Now everyone knows and guess what no one cares.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 2:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2011