Is denatl work ok if I am 9 weeks pregnant???

I was fit for a crown a few months ago. It is in and ready to be installed, I have a temporary in my mouth right now. A few people have told me not to have this done until after the baby is born???? Or any denatl work?????

superchik

Asked by superchik at 7:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Dental work is actually fine..the drugs that usually accompany it are not. Unless your high risk then i dont think i have heard of any problems with getting the work done, but you may have to withstand some pain to have it done without drugs.
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You can have dental work done, but it is best to do it in your second trimester. Talk to your obgyn and your dentist, and make sure your dentist knows you are pregnant. If you have to get novicaine, make sure it is an epinephrine free preparation.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had dental work done when i was pregnant I think they don't recomand doing it in the beginning of pregnantcy I would ask you OB doctor and the denist to be on the safe side.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• some dentist wont do anything it is up tp you and your dentist
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008