Last night...

I started having contractions...and went in. They stoped them with the pilly thing. So my question is...has anyone taken it...and had there baby later!?!? Or is it a pretty good chance my baby is going to be early!?!? Im 35wks btw!!

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i had mine stopped that way at 23 weeks didnt have my baby til 40 weeks and 4 days lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had mine stopped at 33 1/2 weeks and gave birth at 37 weeks.

What do you mean the pilly thingy? Did they give you one pill and that was it, or do you now have a prescription? I had to take one pill every 4 hours to keep my labor away, and i stopped taking the pill at 36 weeks, and delivered a week later.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It was just one pill.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Your labor may or may not come back with only having one pill, but so long as you make it to 36 weeks you should be OK.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oh, I wanted to add (I do for all mommies with pre-term labor risk) Now is a GREAT time to make sure your bags (and babies!) are packed, the car seat is in the car, etc.
    CarolynBarnett

• i had to take the pills every four hours and be on bed and pelvic rest from 26 weeks on. I still had my perfectly healthy son at 34 weeks and 5 days. He still wont wait for me to this day and he is two in December. But the pill might not do all the job and they will give you the same medication in an iv or shot form if the lil bugger keeps trying to come out. I had all three, and a healthy baby. Good luck!
    MamaChamberlain

Answer by MamaChamberlain at 8:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008