Were you a smoker before you got pregnant?

My high school teacher health told us that she used to smoke. She stopped when she blew smoke out close to her baby's face. That woke her up.

I'm just curious, how many women stopped smoking when they found out they were preg.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• you rockNope, I've never smoked. Kudos to all of you who did and/or are trying to quit.

mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I quit the day after I found out I was pregnant,, started back up when my son was a colicky 4 month old- then stopped again a year later.. I am officially 18 months smoke free
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I use to be a heavy smoker! I quit when I saw the first ultrasound.
    Meltopia529

Answer by Meltopia529 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Me.

Almost as soon as i got pregnant, i could not handle smoke. It made me sick to my stomach, so quitting was real easy for me when i got pregnant. Occasionally, I'll smoke one if i am out with the girls & i happen to be drinking. But, whenever i do...i feel like crap & wonder why i smoked that...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I smoked before I got pregnant with all 3 of mine (I am pregnant with our 3rd now) and as soon as I got that positive sign on the pregnancy test I quiet. I always said I wasn't going to smoke while pregnant or let anyone smoke around my kids. I am going to try to stay off of cigarettes after this baby though.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm with samurai_chica I was completely turned off by the smell/taste/thought of cigarettes when I got pregnant so even if it wasn't for health reasons I probably still wouldn't have smoked. I only smoke socially now, but I can drastically tell the difference in my lungs after a cigarette or two, and I prefer breathing over smoking lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I quit while pregnant. It made me sick. As well as after. I'm no longer a smoker!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I tried to quit when I was pregnant, but didn't. I have ZERO willpower. I still smoke, but never around my son. I only smoke outside the house.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i still smoke but want to quite but my doctor at this point has said we need to wait tell after my son is born i have 10 weeks left and quiting cold turkey can actual cause stress on the baby and with how much i smoke there would be no point to use stop smokeing gum or patches due to the fact i smoke less and get less nicotine then the drugs have
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i smoked before during and even now. all my docs said was to try and cut down but not to quit cause it can cause more stress on the baby. i dont smoke around my kids tho i smoke outside. and i know i need to quit and i know about all the things it does but i actually enjoy smoking so it makes it hard for me to quit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2011