Cheerios

My youngest son is 5months old will be 6months on April 7. I want to start giving him some Cheerios to see how he does with it. the Nurse said to wait until he has more teeth he does have one that poked through. My oldest son was 8 and half months before we gave him cheerios or those kid puff things or baby mum mums rice snacks.
what age did u start giving ur child Cheerios, Baby puffs from parent choice, and the baby mum mums rice snacks.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 11:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At whatever age their teeth came in, you need some of those to chew you know......

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I didn't wait for a certain age, I waited for the teeth to come in :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Break them in half and and he should do fine. Babies don't need teeth to eat stuff like that. They dissolve pretty quickly.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 11:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• as soon as he is able to pick small things up with his fingers, holding it with the pointer finger and thumb, he is ready for puffs regardless of teeth. puffs dissolve in the mouth so he doesn't need teeth for those. i always waited until they could self-feed, which was around 5-6 months. when they got a couple of teeth i started cheerios.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• oh and of course, able to sit well in a high-chair along with being able to pick up food with fingers.
    tnm786

• to tnm786-he sits in the high chair with us eating supper, i give him a sippy of water to drink and the baby mum mum snack and he does good with it. He picks up things too, and he sits with out support which he did at 4 and half months.
    2boysyahoo.com

Comment by 2boysyahoo.com (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• They don't need teeth - you chew with your molars which don't come in until much, much later! I always gave them around 6 months, as soon as they could pick them up and get them to their mouth and none of mine have had any teeth before 8 months. In fact, most of my kids have been completely on table foods before they've had teeth - they're late teethers.

Answer by missanc at 1:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i would wait a lil just to be safe
    i tried with ds and got nowhere at that age
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well you can't really say to wait until they get teeth in, my first born didnt get teeth until she was 16mo and I have 9 mo old twins that still dont have teeth, I started to give them the baby nums about 7 1/2 mo and when they got used to that then the puffs since they were a little easier to choke on. But its really whenever they learn how to chew on things
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011