Feeling BLAH

Since Dec 2009 life has been kind or well hellish. My dh broke his leg, well actually it turns out it was more then his leg, he tore his ACL and his minuscus, so he didnt work. In July he went back to work but soon lost his job because he was diagnosed with Epilepsi. I have been a stay at home mom for the last 10 years and I am having to look for a job. I had an interview yesterday but I really dont want to go back to work. We need the money, but I rather stay home an make sure my kids are taken care of. IF I get the job, my husband will be home with them and he cant drive so I will have to rely on others to get my girls to and from School, and I have NO IDEA how I will get the kids to Drs appts and such. Im at a loss. I am also very scared of leaving my husband home alone with the kids, incase he has an episode. I dont have a question I just needed to get this off my chest. I dont even know if I got the job yet. So I might feel this way for no reason.

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• good luck...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You have a lot on you...it's understandable to feel BLAH! But...there is light at the end of the tunnel. Have faith and be open with your husband about your anxieties and concerns...and talk to your girls. Educate them on Epilepsy and what could happen...so they won't be so scared...and believe in them. You would be amazed at what children could handle if they were included in those things...and the decisions you have to make. And Good luck!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks Sonja, my girls are only 4, I have 2 other kids (older boys) and we have discussed daddys problems. When my hubby has his episodes its not very obvious, I know what to look for, they wouldnt. He dosnt have the convulsions, he blanks out and has some shaking. He is on meds and usually remembers to take it. Im just afraid he will get overwhelmed and forget to take the meds. I have talked to him about my fears, and he says he will be ok, but I really dont know. It so so hard. Thanks for your comments and understanding and advice!
    Ambear72

Comment by Ambear72 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We all have times where we just want to get stuff off our chest! Completely understand that! You do have choices, remember that! Never give up hope for you and your family.
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2011