Is this giving away personal information?

Went to a clinic on sunday, because no Doctors office was open. The Dr I saw told me to go to her office to see her in two days because she wanted to make sure what I had was going away. On Monday I called and made the appt. I gave them my insurance name and who it was through and there was no problem. I got there this morning to fill out my paper work, and the receptionist yells from the desk to me "We don't accept Health Net through MediCal. You can't be seen here. If you want to see this Dr you're going to have to go back to the clinic". OMG It was so embarassing. There were atleast 5 other people in there! Almost like she was belittling me because I had MediCal so she couldnt give me the courtesy of calling me UP to the desk instead of yelling across the room! Yes I have MediCal, and yes we're going through a recession that caused me to get on it! I don't want to be on it and I don't use the system! Dumb Bitch pissed me off! She gave away my name and insurance information in her little stunt and other people heard. So is this giving away personal information? I wont stand for being treated like garbage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• no.. she was just having a bad day and took it out on you.. brush it off and don't worry about it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wasn't sure what Medical was...but yes it is giving away personal information, and with the HIPPA laws it is illegal to tell a patient in that manner that they can't be seen. Call and talk to the office manager.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Not sure, but it is incredibly rude. I would have gone up to her and quietly told her how I felt about being "called out" like that. It's no one's business what kind of insurance you have, or why.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would definitly complain to her supervisor. That was very unprofessional.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would take it up with someone. Regardless is she was having a bad day, it's her job. No matter where you work, customers should not be treated like that, and if they didn't accept your insurance they should have told you so when you called. It's their prob, not yours. You shouldn't feel bad though. I'm sure you'll probably never see those people again.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would call the office manager, yes she was giving away personal information. There is the Hippa law! And regardless of the fact that she is having a bad day, she should NOT have treated you like that esp in front of other guests.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Na that ass thought too much of herself at the moment. Now you need to forget that incident. Smile please.....

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• ppl like that think they're better than anybody else.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• number one she wasn't being anywhere near professional and secondly she should have called you up to the desk and spoken quietly to you and I also would call the office manager or someone higher up and complain
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011