Hiatal hernia meds not working anymore. Any idea why/what to do next?

I was diagnosed with a Hiatal hernia many months ago. All of a sudden my medicine is not working anymore. I have had 4 days of yuck. Any idea why/what to do next?

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 11:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Health

• i have one of those too what about surgery? that is the only way to get rid of it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have never heard of meds for a hiatal hernia. My grandmother had one and changed her diet (less bready stuff, large quantities of drier meat, etc - the bulkier foods that don't go down as easy). My MIL has one had to have surgery as well as change her diet a bit, mainly eating less in one sitting. If your meds aren't working it's time to call your doc. ... You could try taking yourself down to a soft-foods, or full-liquid, diet - any liquids plus things like ice cream, pudding, jelly, soups that don't have chunks, etc.
    Anonymous