Prenatal Vitamins...

Do you take over the counter Vitamins from pharmacy? or just buy them from the shelf? Are they are big difference!?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 7:54 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not all vitamins are created equal. Some over the counter ones are not made to where your body will absorb them.

Do some research and go with QUALITY, not price. If your Doctor writes a script and you have insurance to cover it, go with it .. if you want over the counter, don't do K-mart or Walmart brands .. most (not all) are junk.
    LikeItOrNot

Answer by LikeItOrNot at 7:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• over the counter is off the shlef if you get hem from the pharmacy it has to be prescribed by a dr .. ya lol in price ... over the counter are just fine and alot cheaper walmart has some good ones
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Mine are prescription, they also have extra B6 for nausea and a stool softener. I know that some over the counter ones do not as much as folic acid as some prescription ones but even my doctor has told me there's nothing wrong with using OTC's.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 7:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I didnt get them from a pharmacy.. I went into where they sell vitamins and got some because the ones behind the counter that my dr. wrote up for me only came 30 to a bottle so i would have had to go EVERY month to get it filled...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I take One Source. They are OTC. As long as they have 400 of folic acid they are good.
    thethings

Answer by thethings at 7:59 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• thethings .. thats the ones i take i got them from walmart for 15 dollars for like 600 pills lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I took OTC pre natals, along with other needed pills OTC. folic acid, iron, and B12
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• ANYONE TAKE FINEST PRENATAL COMPLETE?
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I always just take the Centrum multivitamin. It has all the folic acid and iron in it that is needed plus a bunch other vitamins, all in one.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 8:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2008