If you babysit out of your home...

Do you have your house set up like a daycare or just one room set up with toys or do you have your house like a normal house that has children living in it?lol

I keep switching everything around. I had the house set up like a day care then I grew tired of not having "normal" house.So I switched it around..its still kid friendly but looks more like a home than a daycare now.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• When I babysit kids at my house, I just have my living room set up with toys and such. Anything The ages and stages of the kids im watching I have prepared for them. :)
    I think either way would work. i had hallways and doorways blocked off with those gates so they couldn't leave the area, but still had it fun.
    Also I had cartoons playing the whole time! haha
    So, either way is good. I think as long as everyone is comfortable, safe and sound. Anyway is good :)
    Bllondie72

Answer by Bllondie72 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• When I did it- there was a room downstairs that we had a door put on when we had the house built- and that was the playroom- so the rest of the house was pretty normal
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I take my DD to an in-home daycare and the woman has one room as her daycare room and the rest of her house is her house. I don't think she uses the daycare room for anything else, it's full of all the toys and books and she has little plastic picnic tables that she serves them lunch on and uses for projects so everything is contained to the one room.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• When I did this we had a basement with a ground level entrance. The entire basement was our daycare area. I had a large playroom, a bathroom and a small kitchenette downstairs so it was perfect, the laundry room was also downstairs so I would get our family's laundry done while I had the kids. The rest of the house was our home and not part of the daycare.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2011