What do think about this statement?

"The argument that two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies one, perhaps, of the Right and of the Left is a foolish idea acceptable only to Doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead the two parties should be identical, so the American people can "throw the radicals out" at any election with out leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy."

I have always said we need to work together to get the losers out and do not understand how people are blind to the guy with a D or R next to their name. If they are bad they are bad for all!!

What makes me laugh at some of you is that you made fun of Bush for what he did and now Obama is doing the same thing and you can't see it!! Why because of the D in front of his name.

Elections are coming, it is time to vote for the person who wants to help the people. There are politicians out there that can't be bought, look for those.
The media will not talk about them, you will have to do the research.

This this about our future, something politicians do not give a dam about. They are thinking about power and money, period!

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• As an Independent I would like to see other parties in the pres debates. I don't vote for R or D but both depending on their views. But 9 out of 10 times they do the opposite of what they claim ther are going to do. There are also red dems and blue repubs. I get agitated that there are "straight ballot " voters. Like this is American idol and not the structuring of our everyday lives. No matter how you vote "you" are NOT winning unless your needs are being met by your government.If a president doesn't do everything he says in his campaign he should be held accountable. NO excuses. If I don't do the job I claimed I can do and lie on my resume I get fired. The president of a nation should be under the same pressure. That would halt a lot of the deception and all out lies these people throw out carelessly to desperate citizens.Opening debates to other parties might add some heat their seats.They might take things more seriously.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 12:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think that some people do vote for a certain party instead of who would be the best for the job.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 12:08 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My theory is that the president should never be of one party or the other because he has to walk down the middle during his term or terms. Thats the way it should be anyway. But, people do tend to vote party rather than person.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I agree!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• What makes me laugh at some of you is that you made fun of Bush for what he did and now Obama is doing the same thing and you can't see it!! Why because of the D in front of his name.

I am seeing this....  Not across the board, but from "some", yes...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I think the elections system is broken. Something is wrong with the system when in order to get the money/votes to secure an election, one must pander to special interest groups (including big business and the unions). IMO, most politicians probably start the process with good intentions, but the system handcuffs them once they are elected. It's a game and the biggest losers are we the people. All parties are the same-the process is corrupt-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I felt more sorrow for "what Bush did " than amused.The body count is ???hundred thousands and still counting. The deficit is ???trillions and still counting. No grins here.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 9:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Publicly funded elections would solve the problem. No private money allowed. All money divided among the candidates equally

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Instead the two parties should be identical,

Nice try, but not thank you. I guess this is the new strategy of the left to rid themselves of us pesky conservatives. There is no way the two arenas of thought will be identical. One party will look like.....Venezuela, Russia, China, Cambodia, N. Korea.........I....don't....think....SO!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011