How do I hide money from my DH?

I am SAHM and I want a divorce. I can't get a job right now [medical reasons]. How can I hid a bit of money away to get out of this relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Open your own bank account. You can choose not to get anything mailed.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Do what I did, get a bank account he doesn't know about and god paperless so that no statement is ever sent to your house. I was able to keep my account a secret that way.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• best answer I can give. Look into a program called LEGAL AID. it is free legal help to low income families. don't hide money that will bite you later during court..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Money you get for shopping etc.. cut coupons, wait for bigger sales and put aside some of the money you save. Tell him you need a new bra? something for yourself, don't buy it and save that money. Save all your change it adds up quick! Maybe wacth a neighborhood child or run errands for an elderly person, or anything that can give you a few dollars.. Also go to Social services or catholic charities maybe they can help!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• bank account with paperless
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't bother to "hide" it. After all, won't things be divided during the divorce proceedings, and won't you probably get the children and child support?

I know relationships are complicated, but I'd hate to have the thought of stealing from my family hanging over my head.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Zoe- I've been there, from personal experience... no, it can't. She needs to be saving everything that she can.

Legal Aid is available ONLY to women who are in abusive relationships, and only after they have left.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Pull out an extra $10 or $20 in cash every time you swipe your debit card. Stash it in something your husband will never look in. If you're sure he won't discover an account in your name go that route.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Get your own bank account, dont get statements mailed to the house. Or....hide the $$ where he would never look in the house. In your tampon box.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't be stealing money from my family.... i would be planing and saving to provide for my child when I will have nothing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2011