Shortness of breath

I am 15 weeks and for about the last 4 or 5 days I can't catch my breath. Walking from one room to the other leaves me struggling for air. I went to the Dr. today and everything looks good and they think it will just go away. I couldn't breath when I was pregnant the first time but that was at the end when my lungs were smushed. I am not that big enough yet for anything to be smushed. Anyone else ever had this random breathing problem?

thethings

Asked by thethings at 7:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yup me lol .. i feel just horrible when walking sometimes i hate it
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• yes I did but it was because I suffer from asthma but hadn't had problems for a year so I thought it went away. Then it came back. Do you have any history of it? or any other medical conditions?
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• all the time...its just sort of part of pregnancy...i started being short of breath around 9 weeks and it never stopped til she came out. Its normal in pregnancy and even in early pregnancy too...My 1st i didnt get it til the end and with my 2nd i got it at 9 weeks so every pregnancy is different. Unless your fainting there is nothing un-normal about it.
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I had this as well. It has a lot to do with the change in hormones. At least you have a good excuse for taking your time now! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2008