Should I get a swimming pool this year or wait until next year? (not sure where to put this)

Ok so I was deciding on getting a swimming pool for this summer because I am going to be pregnant most of the summer. My due date is Augest 9th. I was looking at gettiing one of thos that all you do is add water and it rises as the water fills the pool I was also looking at like a 4 foot one because I know I am going to be so hot this summer, the thing is they are like 200 or more dollars (not that we don't have the money), but anyway, the thing is I got to thinking usually you can't go swimming until the end of may begining of June or even the middle of June. My kids are 3 years and nearly 6 years so they wont be able to go into the pool unless I am in the pool with them. I can't have anyone else go in with them since it is only my dh and he works all day so it will just be me, but I was thinking if I get this pool then I am only going to get to go swimming in it about 2 months then I thought it might be kinda stupid to buy one I can only use 2 months. After I have baby I wont be able to go swimming the rest of the summer probably since I will be healing. Then that means the girls wont be able to use the swimming pool cause I cant go in it. So then I thought maybe just getting one of those 3 ring blow up ones for this year something I can relax in then. Then get the 4 foot one next year where I can use it all summer long. Also that way even after I have the baby the girls can still go swimming. What do you think I should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• My kids are 5, 3, and 1.  I won't be pregnant over the summer but I'll have a newborn.  I don't plan on swimming with them so they are getting life jackets and this is the pool we decided on.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Sunshine-12-Quick-Set-Pool/15711178      It's 79.00 and I know a couple of people who have one and really enjoy it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would get one. They are really relaxing when you are pregnant, and you can also use it next yr.

Answer by gemgem at 12:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would just get it now if you have the money now... who knows where you will be next year. Its a good investment. I would get lifejackets, floaties, arm bands all kinds of things to make sure the girls are safe. Best of luck. Congrats on the up coming newborn.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I say go for it this year, if you don't and you feel like you are going to explode because of the heat, you will be kicking your self. You will manage with your girls after the baby is born. Life jackets for sure and your good to go. Enjoy.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:32 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• We have an inground pool and I was due in October. In August, my OBGYN said no more going in the pool. I have no idea why so that was it for me. I also wouldn't want to watch 2 toddlers in the pool being very pregnant and pretty imobile too. I would just get them a blow up pool that they can run in & out of for this summer. My 4 year old doesn't stay put in the big pool for more than 10 miutes & he wants in & out non stop. So I just bought him a blow up pool last summer so I can relax & he can do his thing. We have a safety fence around the big pool too. It's also a lot of work with maintaining, something else you don't want to do while pregnant. That's my opinion.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have always been way too nervous about getting a pool because I have convinced myself that my children would drown the second we got one. They are 5 and 2 and have absolutely zero fear of water...they have always been swimming with me holding them, so they feel completely safe, and that scares the bejesus out of me.

That said, I don't think anyone else is as paranoid about it as I am, and I suppose there is a POSSIBILITY that I am overreacting...LOL!

I would get it this year if you can afford to, and even in if you don't end up using it much, its not like it wont be there waiting for you next year.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• MrsHouton47302. How deep is that one? I mean is it like 3 feet, 4 feet?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• About 3 feet.  BUT, that's also the total height of the pool.  The water will be just a little under that.  The filter is on the side almost at the bottom so if you need to put less water in it then you have that option.  I'd suggest measuring your kids and seeing how tall they are depending on the depth you want them to be in.  We measured ours and the 5 and 3 year old will be able to touch bottom.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh, and you just inflate the ring of the pool and fill it with water.  I have one friend who doesn't use chemicals in hers and hers never looked gross or anything.  And she's had hers for about 3 years now I think. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would get one now if you can, I would have loved to have a pool when pregnant.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2011