Are the words I love you the easiest or hardest for you to say?

Some families openly say I love you to each other, others don't. Is it easy or hard for you to use these words to your children, hubby, etc.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I say it all day, every day always have. We are a very openly loving family - you never know when that might be the last time they here it - so we are BIG on loving one another.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My parents RARELY said it to me when I was a kid..matter of fact..I don't remember those words coming out of thier mouths,lol. So I make sure to tell all my children and my dh every single day...so its pretty easy for me to say those words. Used to be hard but I got over it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Those words come really easy to me because they are followed by a genuine emotion.....everyday all day long.....

Answer by older at 12:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have no problem saying it to my son. I say it to my husband everyday, but I hate being mushy when other people are around. Other than my grandmother, I can't remember the last person in my family I've said it to, or vice versa. We all love each other and know it, I just wasn't raised in a family who openly said it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I tell my husband that I love him numerous times throughout the day. It is so important for husbands and children to know that we love them. When it is difficult to show love I remind myself that life does not last forever, and I do not know what tomorrow will hold. So I say I love you often, and back the words up with actions that show my love.
    shakleegirl

Answer by shakleegirl at 12:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• It was never common in my home growing up. With my own children we say it frequently indoors and out. My mom has noticed this and now tells my brothers and I love you more often.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I love you's all day long everyday... Freely here!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• to my kids it's so easy because there isn't even a question in my mind.. to DH sometimes it's hard because we argue or get upset and I am mad.. I know I love him but it's not like it is with the kids..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Easy. It seems like someone is always telling someone else they love them in our family. I say what I feel! =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Depends on who I am sayit too. DH or DS easy. Everyone else hard.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011