My nephew

I have posted questions on here about my situation with my brother and his ex GF and their son, my 2 1/2 yr old nephew. The reason Im so involved in this is my nephew I have kept him since he was a newborn and I love him like one of my own. Recently I had him over the weekend his Mom likes to party a lot so I let him spend the night, when she came to get him Sunday evening, the minute he saw her he started crying and saying No MommaNo, Please No. He did not want to go with her. I was crushed I felt so bad, then she asked him during the fit "do you want to live here? " . I didn't know what to say, or do. He has done this many times in the past just not this bad. My brother does not know what to do and neither do I?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 12:27 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe you can sit down with mom and dad while someone babysits the 2 1/2 old. Ask them, frankly, if they would like you to have the child. Since you raised him as a newborn, he is probably very closely bonded to you. If mom is partying alot and flat out asking if he wants to live somewhere else, it doesn't sound as if she is in a place to be a good mom to him.

Can you take him?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I would love to take him! Like I said I love him as one of my own boys, and you are right I think I need to sit down with both of them and talk.
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• i hate party parents. if you can't put your kids FIRST in your life you shouldn't have had kids period. - my saying

as for your nephew.. unless you can convince his mom to sign over her rights to you just offer him hugs, kisses and tell him that his auntie loves him without passing as much of your personal judgment about his mom on to him.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Is it possible for you to take him? I agree if you can maybe you can sit down with them and talk about it.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I agree with imaginationmama. If he was my nephew I'd do the same thing in a minute.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You are an awesome aunt, greenbeanmoma!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks guys, it is very frustrating, when I have to give him back I worry so much. She is 26 acting like a 16 year old! I just dont understand I would be so hurt if one of my boys cried when they saw me!
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Sounds like he doesn't get nurturing from her, if he did I would think he'd be happy to see her. Mom= love. It's more like Mom=stress, uncertainty, unstable drama? I would try to get him as much as possible. Thank God he has you guys.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• well what do you expect if his mother and father don't pay no attention to him and are out all the time. he is 2 1/2 for god's sake they should be enjoying him and watching him grow because they do grow up fast believe me. my kids are 20 and 18 and time flies. i look at my kids pics when they were younger and can't believe it. so if i were you sit down with your brother and tell him if he doesn't start taking more responsibility that you will end up taking the child. i doubt you can sit down with the mother, i think she is too preoccupied on going out more.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2011