Epidural pain

So i was wandering how long does it take for the soreness from a epidural to go away. I didn't have one but i had a spinal tap to get my tubes tied which is practicaly the same thing. So anyone who has had either one when does the pain from that go away.

iluvmymomasboys

Asked by iluvmymomasboys at 12:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some people have pain for a few weeks at the injection site. After 2 weeks if it still hurts allot, call the Dr. If the injection site is leaking any type of fluid or has a soar thats not going away, call the Dr a.s.a.p.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My tailbone still hurts to put any amount of pressure on 3 years after my epi.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• After the pain from the initial injection I didn't feel anything. I never even had soreness after the epi wore off.
    Anonymous

• i only had pain from the epidural after having my first child. there was a large bruise there too. i had bad hip and leg pain when i bent over the wrong way. i think it lasted about two weeks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I have soreness from my epidurals/spinal blocks still to this day. If I bend over too fast, I get a sharp pain that usually brings tears to my eyes.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Ugh so another week of this well thanx guys
    iluvmymomasboys

Comment by iluvmymomasboys (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I never had any pain from the epi the needle wasn't even as bad as I thought it would be but I was in sure bad back labor I hardly noticed it. I was more scared cuz I could not stop shaking and was afraid I would mess up the injection but no problem there.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• a few days for me
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011