How does it look and feel when your baby "drops"? How long after that does labor start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There really isn't a guideline time or anything. I had a baby drop at 34 weeks and carried to term, I've also had babies drop during active labor. It all depends.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Labor starts when labor is ready. NOT all women "drop" but when they do, the baby bumps is noticeable lower and usually makes the Mom complain that her bladder or other parts hurt down there.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• For me, the best way to describe it was that the area just below my cleavage, went down and baby seemed to move down further into my stomach area. Lots more pressure too into my pelvis, front and back. Also, I was able to breathe a little bit easier again. lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• LOL! I walked like a duck!! LOL...even my husband pointed it out. I dropped on a Sunday....son was born the next mornint.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• The stomach sat lower and the baby pressed further down into your "canal". It felt like the baby's head was pressing on your pubic bone and caused incredible hip, pelvic, and pubic pain. You start to waddle, because of the baby being soo low.

With all three of my kids I dropped in the 8th month. Didn't go into labor until the 9th month.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I never did drop sorry to say. Wish I would have then maybe I could have breathed easier.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• to me it felt like the baby was between my legs
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011