Hate who I work for! My boss is a cold hearted selfish person,what to do?

I work in a small daycare. Just me and another lady, plus my boss. She is such a nasty witch to the children, that it makes me sick. Constantly complaining about them and their parents. Also screaming at children right in their faces. She doesn't have enough helpers and she keeps taking kids here. I only get paid mim wage,and I been here 5 yrs,! I get the hrs I need,plus flexibility, but it sucks! And have wittnessed abuse of children,for ex. Picking them up roughly when they are doing something bad/screaming at them. I never reported b/c you will be revealed of who you are. I need to keep working, house payment/food, etc. So what does one do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• REPORT before she kills someone. CPS does NOT reveal names during an investigation.

REPORT or you might just find yourself charged as an accomplice to the abuse when someone DOES finally report her.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 1:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You know you are LEGALLY obligated to report such abuse to the authorities right? Well you ARE. You look for another job if you dont like it, and if you want to stay and not report the abuse, then be prepared for being charged along with the owner when some parent finds out whats going on because you knew and didnt tell.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:01 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Focus on the children...to have someone like that running a daycare is scary. I would start to look for another gig, but before I left I would let the parents know what she has been doing. Get her on tape doing it to...to harm children while they are there to be cared for and learn is beyond wrong. She will gets what is coming to her - but until then those children need someone who really cares.
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 1:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Call CPS before a child ir really hurt. This is why my child will NEVER go to a day care. I agree with gdiamante, you will be held responisble because you have been allowing this to go on by not reporting her. i have worked at a day care and stopped working there because I didn't agree with what was going on there but this is worse. Children are being abused.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• I'm really not sure the behavior described warrants a call to CPS. First I would talk to your boss and let her know that you aren't comfortable with her behavior. If that didn't work then time for you to look for another job.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Oh that sucks. Yes you have bills but you have to ask yourself if you really want to go on living this at the expense of the children. One thing that I trust about daycare is that there are other adults there to protect the children. This is one thing that I would get fired about. Get your resume out there, if you like doing this job talk to another daycare about it how to handle it... and call whoever it is you are supposed to call. Start documenting....take pictures. Contact the parents. I stop her myself in her tracks..intervene...encourage her to walk away and count to ten. If she has a problem with it, call the police...Call CPS. Put her down. She needs some help and those babies need to be protected. You are there for a reason and good for you for talking about it. I am sure it is a scary position to be in but it will be better for everyone in the long run.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree. She needs to be reported.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• As a child care worker, you have a LEGAL OBLIGATION to report these kind of things to the authorities, and by not doing so, you could be implicated in the abuse as a conspirator! You are basically HELPING her get away with it! How on Earth will it be revealed who you are unless you tell her? CPS isn't going to, and neither are the police when/if she is arrested or charged. It doesn't matter at that point anyway, because by then it's all about what she did. PLEASE get those kids some help! This is only one of the many reasons I chose to be a SAHM- people like you and your boss- an abuser, and a person that stands by and lets it happen! UGH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• You have a legal obligation to report. Report it today, no names needed. Protect those children.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2011